Overall Evalation- For my little people project.

Overall I think this project went successful & that I achieved well in majority of my outcome of images that I have shared. 

My first day of the project, I feel that I really picked up the idea and general theme of what the task was.
I feel that I generally at first focused more on scale factor and had a better understand of the idea of making the Lego figure look more like it was living in the big world, having everything towering over the Little Lego figure , or next to other objects that tend to look small to us already yet emphasise the fact of how small the Lego figure actually is. 

Although after about the 2nd week of the project I soon had a better understanding of different perspectives of making / enlarging the Lego figures by the use of angles, this giving the impression that the Lego figures are average size against something that is actually much larger than it in comparison.


The issues I feel that held me back from creating different and maybe also more humours photographs was the lack of available/ resourceful props that was acceptable for the Lego figures.

I feel if there was more props, this could of gave me the opportunity to play about with different ideas, that could of improved the range of images to add a more varied and more humours themes.

Although I did have one prop which was a accessory for the Lego figure , which was made to look like a camera, this I feel was one of the key things that made some of my work more successful. I think this is due to the more opportunity it gave me to vary my ideas and gives me more intriguing scenes that I could create.


After the first day of the project I started to be thinking of ideas and themes I could create, I researched and found other photographers that were specialising in either Lego or plastic figure photography, which did give me inspiration to what I could create and achieve for my own photographs for the project.


I personally don’t particularly notice an overall locked theme for the project, I feel that I just went with a variety of themes and ideas to create a wider range of different photographs. 

Although I guess if you was to pin a theme down overall, that it would be that I tended to theme a scene to the actually Lego figure for example, if the Lego figure was themed and dressed as a chef, I would then set up a scene to link with the Lego Chef, such as a kitchen,food,cutlery and so on.


So I guess that could be a general theme I carried on with.




I feel that all my pictures came out successfully, although my favourite sections to the overall project was most likely, ‘The Little Wedding‘, ‘The Little Adventure‘ and also maybe the ‘First Day of the project‘.


I think this is because I really got into this particular section, and found these both most challenging but also most successful.


I would and did notice also my less successful section, which O would say was my ‘The Little Worker‘ & also ‘The Little Chef‘, I feel this was not as much the scene or the settings as I feel that went well, but more to the actual photograph which I feel wasn’t taken to my best ability.

I feel that these 2 sections both lacked the strong concentration of focusing on the Lego figures, which didn’t make some particular images as effective as they could have been.

I also feel that an overall issue with them two sections was the dull/dim lighting. The lack of bright lighting or even natural lighting does then make your photograph less effective as you cannot focus as well on the figure/object your wanting to concentrate on, and also makes your picture not as bold as it could be portrayed. 


I personally would say what really made these photos have that little extra effectiveness, was once I had also then gone on to edited them.

I mainly used an app called ‘snap seed’ but did use some others for some. For every image I edited the photograph to again link and match the theme that I want to portray, an example of this is if I was wanting to portray the theme of a dramatic darkened scene, I played around with; contrast,shadowing, stronger structures, vignettes and so on. This then really finishes of the picture for your final results to be shown.


Every now and then, I asked around from the other member of the group that are on my course, if the could evaluate and give me some feedback on my work.


I do feel that this helped as it gave me both complements for my work, 

Which then made me carry on included the things/ideas that were working to have more achievable photographs. But it also gave me some minor criticism such as in some of my pictures the focus need to be clearer and the lighting needed a slight improvement for just a few of my images, which then helped me improve on some of my pictures to then again hopefully next time round have higher improved and more successful outcomes on my photographs.



So Overall I do feel that this project went successful and I have shared a variety of photographs providing the evidence of my work.

If I was to do this project again but with some improvements, I would most likely concentrate more on the surrounding light and also I would invest and use a different variety of props to be able to achieve more humorous or extra effective images.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s